Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Seeing the potential in others

I have been preparing to share at a youth leaders retreat this weekend and God has reminded me of something I had forgotten. When I was 14 I did a personality profile and one of the traits that came out somewhere in the middle was leadership. At that stage I couldn't really see myself having any leadership gifting. One of the older ladies in the church who was organizing the profiling simply said "I can see some leadership in you!" At a time when I wouldn't dare to believe in myself, she believed in me! At that stage I was far from being a leader but she saw a glimmer of potential and spoke prophetically too it. Now many years later I am going to be speaking to a group of leaders and encouraging them to see the potential in their young people, it is amazing how God works and who he uses!

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Amen! Amazing, what God can do...

amy said...

That's great Ron. I remember Nick Barlow doing the same for me when I first came to Opawa at 16. Him and Jenny really encouraged me. It's amazing the impact someone can have on your life aye. Hope you can be an inspiration and encouragement to those leaders which I'm sure you will be.

"You're a real encourager Aaron" quote from Peter Hay!

amy said...

ps - your time's all wrong. FIX IT!